|red letter day||
- (idiom) A particularly significant day (personal or sectarian,) usually very positive, sometimes very negative.
Etymology: (wikipedia, Red Letter Days)From the practice of marking feast-days in red on church calendars.
- Monday was a for her. She accomplished a lot and had fun doing it.
- We saw losses for the days in a row, but w:Wall Street Crash of 1929, Black Tuesday was the worst of them all.
- 1975, John Ankenbruck, Twentieth Century History of Fort Wayne - http://books.google.com/books?vid=OCLC02927173&id=lYMCAAAAMAAJ&q=%22red+letter+day%22+stock&dq=%22red+letter+day%22+stock Page 286
- :"In the meantime, the St. Valentine's Day Massacre at Chicago was a red-letter day in the gangster wars."
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for red letter day for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.