- An action or statement in response to a stimulus or other event
- The announcement of the verdict brought a violent .
- You were in the coutroom. What is your ?
- When I last tried to eat strawberries I had a terrible allergic .
- (chemistry) A transformation in which one or more substances is converted into another by combination or decomposition
- In this , the acid and base will neutralize each other, producing a salt.
Etymology: From re-, again, + action, from Latin actio, noun of action form from perfect passive participle actus, done, from verb agere, do.
- Dutch: reactie
- French: réaction
- German: Reaktion
- Italian: reazione
- Spanish: reacción
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for reaction for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.