- (nautical) A seaman in a warship
- (nautical) The status of a seaman, corresponding to rank in officers.
- In the Royal Navy the ratings, in order, are:- ordinary seaman, able seaman, leading seaman, petty officer and chief petty officer
- A number, letter, or other mark that refers to the ability of something.
- He has a high chess .
- Italian: punteggio(it), valutazione(it)
- (present participle of, rate)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rating for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.