verb (quick-freezes, quick-freezing, quick-froze, quick-frozen)
- A chamber or device in which the temperature may be rapidly lowered to below to freezing point.
- (transitive) To rapidly reduce the temperature of something to below the freezing point, thereby preserving some aspect of it (such as position or flavor) that would otherwise be lost during the freezing process.
Etymology: From quick + freeze.
- Sandra liked to buy blueberries that had been quick-frozen, since she thought that their taste was better preserved that way.
- (transitive) preserve, Preserved in an unaltered state, reminiscent of quick-freezing.
- Ed liked to pore through his old photographs, looking back over moments of his life quick-frozen in time.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for quick-freeze for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.