- A verbal dispute or heated argument.
Translations: verb (quarrels, quarreling, quarreled)
- Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side - q:Franí§ois de La Rochefoucauld, Franí§ois de La Rochefoucauld
- A diamond-shaped piece of coloured glass forming part of a stained glass window.
- A square tile. (from Old French quarrel or carreau; Latin quadrellus, from quadrus - a square)
- A square-headed arrow for a crossbow.
- To disagree very strongly; to argue.
- (rfd-redundant) To oppose or dispute angrily.
- (rfv-sense) To complain bitterly.
Etymology: From quarel, from
- Dutch: ruzie maken, discussií«ren, redetwisten
- French: quereller, se quereller, disputer
- German: streiten
- Italian: litigare
- Spanish: disputar, discutir (1), pelearse (2), quejarse (3)
- quadrellus (diminutive of quadrus "square").
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for quarrel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.