- A figured stamp, die, or punch, used by goldsmiths, cutlers, etc.
- (Carpentry) A short, upright piece of timber in framing; a short post; an intermediate stud.
- A split log or heavy slab with the face smoothed; as, a floor made of puncheons.
- A cask containing, sometimes 84, sometimes 120, gallons.
- An English measure of capacity for liquids, containing 84 wine gallons; a tercian.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for puncheon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.