(baseball) An instance of a called third strike.
verb (punchs out, punching out, punched out, punched out)
- Jones' happened with the bases juiced.
- To repeatedly hit a person
- To hit so they become unconscious (knocked out)
I'm going to that SOB and leave him laying on the ground bleeding.
- To use a punch to remove a piece of material or to remove a piece already scored.
''I spent all day punching out the die cut decals.
- To eject from an airplane.
With the engine on fire he had to and hit the silk.
(baseball) To rule (by an umpire) that a pitch is a called third strike, often done emphatically.
- The ump punched out the batter with relish to close out the game.
(baseball) To throw a called third strike.
- Jones punched out the batter to start the in the sixth.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for punch out for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.