- A domesticated plant, Cucurbita pepo similar in growth pattern, foliage, flower, and fruit to the squash or melon.
- The round yellow or orange fruit of this plant.
- The Land of Oz, L. Frank Baum, http://www.literature.org/authors/baum-l-frank/the-marvelous-land-of-oz/chapter-01.html:
- : There were pumpkins in Mombi's corn-fields, lying golden red among the rows of green stalks; and these had been planted and carefully tended that the four-horned cow might eat of them in the winter time.
- The color of the fruit of the pumpkin plant
- (context, US) A term of endearment for someone small and cute.
- John Prine, Daddy's Little Pimpkin: You must be daddy's little
- German: Kí¼rbis(de)m
- Spanish: calabaza , auyama (qualifier, Colombia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic), ayote (qualifier, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala), zapallo (qualifier, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay)
- Finnish: kurpitsa(fi)
- French: citrouille(fr)f
- Italian: zucca(it)f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pumpkin for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.