- (context, linguistics, uncountable) The hypothetical ancestor language or protolanguage of most European and Indian languages.
- (context, anthropology, countable) A person who spoke the Proto-Indo-European language.
- Dutch: (t, nl, Proto-Indo-Europeaan, m)
- French: indo-européen commun
- German: Urindogermanisch
- Italian: indoeuropeo
- Spanish: protoindoeuropeo
- (context, linguistics, anthropology) Of or pertaining to the Proto-Indo-European language, or the people who spoke it.
- Dutch: (t, nl, Proto-Indo-Europees)
- German: urindogermanisch
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Proto-Indo-European for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.