- (grammar): A verb form that indicates an ongoing action or state in the present and which functions as an adjective. In English, the present participle takes the suffix -ing and is preceded by a form of the verb to be to make the progressive tenses of a verb.
- Dutch: onvoltooid deelwoord (tegenwoordig deelwoord)
- French: participe présent
- German: Mittelwort der Gegenwart , Partizipium prí¤sentis
- Spanish: participio presente
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for present participle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.