- The first showing of a film, play or other form of entertainment, often held as a special event with celebrity guests.
verb (premier, es)
- German: Premiere
- (intransitive) Of a film or play, to play for the first time.
Translations: Etymology: From première "first"
- The new film premieres this weekend.
- (transitive) To present a film or play for the first time.
- The local theatre will its latest play this week.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for premiere for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.