- One who makes pots and other ceramic wares.
- 1961, J. A. Philip, "Mimesis in the Sophistíªs of Plato," Transactions and Proceedings of the American Philological Association, vol. 92, p. 453,
- : shoemakers, weavers, potters, bronzeworkers who produced and purveyed the articles necessary for daily life.
- (context, idiom, biblical) God, the creator.
- 1611. Old Testament, King James Version, Isaiah 64:8,
- : But now, O Lord, thou art our Father; we are the clay, and thou art our ; and we are the work of thy hand.
- 1978. Old Testament, New International Version, Isaiah 64:8,
- : O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the ; we are all the work of thy hand.
- One who places flowers or other plants inside their pots.
Etymology: (-er, pot)
- Dutch: pottenbakker
- French: potier
- German: Tí¶pfer
- Italian: vasaio
- Spanish: alfarero , ceramista
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for potter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.