- A portable toilet; a self-contained outhouse.
- Any temporary building that is portable, especially one located at a school.
- A hand-held electronic gaming device.
- Able to be carry, carried or easily moved.
- (computing) Of software, able to be run on multiple hardware or operating systems.
Etymology: From French, portable.
- Dutch: draagbaar
- French: portable, portatif
- German: portabel
- Spanish: portable
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for portable for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.