- With little or no possessions or money.
- To be pitied.
- Oh you poor little thing.
- Of low quality.
- That was a poor performance.
- (i, with "the") Those people as a group who have no possessions or money.
- Usage notes: always takes the plural verb.
- :the poor are in a bad condition
Etymology: From poure (French: pauvre), from pauper.
- Dutch: arm
- French: les pauvres
- German: armselig
- Italian: i poveri
- Spanish: lo pobre
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for poor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.