verb (pleas, ing)
- (transitive) To make happy or satisfy; to give pleasure.
- Her presentation pleased the executives.
- (intransitive) To desire; to will.
- Just do as you .
Etymology: plese < plaisir < placere, placÄre ('to please', 'to seem good').
- Dutch: bevallen (satisfy), behagen (give pleasure)
- French: plaire
- German: gefallen, rechtmachen
- Italian: accontentare, piacere
- Spanish: gustar, agradar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for please for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.