- The metallic chemical element with atomic number 78 and symbol Pt.
- A whitish grey colour, like that of the metal.
- <table><tr><td>platinum colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 848482" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Dutch: platina
- French: platine
- German: Platin
- Italian: platino
- Spanish: platino
Translations: (trans-top, colour)
- Of a whitish grey colour, like that of the metal.
- Of a musical recording that has sold over one million copies (for singles), or two million (for albums).
(trans-top, musical recording)
Etymology: platinaSpanish, platina, "little silver" (because platinum was found as an apparent impurity with silver)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for platinum for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.