noun (plasters, -)
- (uncountable) A mixture of lime or gypsum, sand, and water, sometimes with the addition of fibres, that hardens to a smooth solid and is used for coating walls and ceilings.
- (countable) A cast made of plaster of Paris and gauze; plaster cast.
- (uncountable) A paste applied to the skin for healing or cosmetic purposes.
- (countable) A small adhesive bandage to cover a minor wound; a sticking plaster.
- (transitive) To cover or coat something with plaster, or apply a plaster.
- Her face was plastered in mud.
- (transitive) To hide or cover up, as if with plaster.
- The radio station plastered the buses and trains with its advertisement.
- French: plí¢tre
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for plaster for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.