- Of or pertaining to fishermen or fishing.
Etymology: From Latin piscÄtor, fisherman, from Latin piscis, fish.
- 1843, w:Thomas_Carlyle, Thomas Carlyle, Past and Present, ch. 5,
- :The Ribble and the Aire roll down, as yet unpolluted by dyers' chemistry; tenanted by merry trouts and otters.
- Of or pertaining to fish; piscine.
- 1859, w:Charles_Dickens, Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities, ch. 4,
- :The air among the houses was of so strong a flavour that one might have supposed sick fish went up to be dipped in it.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for piscatory for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.