- One of an array of compartments for sorting post, messages etc. at an office, or college (for example).
verb (pigeonhol, ing)
- Fred was disappointed at the lack of post in his .
- A hole, or roosting place for pigeons.
Etymology: From pigeon + hole.
- To categorize; especially to limit or be limited to a particular category, role, etc.
- Fred was tired of being pigeonholed as a computer geek.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pigeonhole for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.