- The brand name of a radar-controlled rapid fire 20mm w:Gatling_gun, Gatling-type machine gun, the Phalanx CIWS (pronounced see-wiz), deployed on U.S. Navy ships as a last line of defense against antiship cruise missiles.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Phalanx for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
noun (es, pl2=phalanges)
- (italbrac, plural phalanxes) An ancient Greek military unit that consisted of several ranks and files (lines) of soldiers in close array with joined shields and long spears.
- (italbrac, plural phalanges) One of the bones of the finger or toe, also called phalange.
- (italbrac, plural phalanxes) a large group of people, animals or things, compact or closely massed, or tightly knit and united in common purpose.
- The pop star was encased in a of bodyguards.
- The general appeared dignified with a of medals decorating his uniform.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for phalanx for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.