- clarity, Clarity, lucidity, especially in expression; the state or characteristic of being perspicuous.
- 1905, w:George_Bernard_Shaw, George Bernard Shaw, The Irrational Knot, ch. 18,
- :Whether through the first officer's want of or my own stupidity, I was not a bit the wiser for the explanation.
- Perspicacity; insight.
- 1965, "http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,833549,00.html The Stupid Spy," Time, 19 Mar,
- :Thompson, a high school dropout, said with rare that he doubted the FBI would hire him.
- (rare) Transparency; translucence.
- 1900, w:Edith_Wharton, Edith Wharton, The Touchstone, ch. 11,
- :It must have been on some such day of harsh sunlight, the incisive February brightness that gives without warmth.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for perspicuity for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.