- A disparaging, belittle, belittling or derogatory word or expression.
- French: péjoratif , péjorative
- German: (t, de, Pejorativum, n)
- Italian: peggiorativo m singular, peggiorativa , peggiorativi , peggiorative
- Spanish: despectivo, peyorativo
Translations: Etymology: 1882 péjorative "depreciative, disparaging" < peioratus, past participle of peiorare "make worse" < peior "worse"
- disparaging, Disparaging, belittling or derogatory.
- <u>related</u>: English 1644 pejorate "to worsen" < peioratus, past participle of peiorare "make worse" < peior "worse".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pejorative for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.