- In Bali, a Hindu scholarly high priest or priestess.
- Lesley Reader, Lucy Ridout, The Rough Guide Bali and Lombok (2002) p. 510
- The only people who are conversant with all the rituals of agama Hindu are the high priests, or , men and a few women of the Brahman caste who spend years studying the complex theology.
- Leo Howe, The Changing World Of Bali: Religion, Society and Tourism (2005) p. 92
- Instead of the temple having an annual festival, services are carried out every new and full moon day and on other holy days, and the presiding , after performing a ritual to make holy water, gives a sermon, yet another innovation and departure from traditional practice.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for pedanda for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.