noun (wikipedia, party, party (gathering))
- A social gathering for entertainment and fun.
- I'm throwing a huge for my 21st birthday.
- A person participating in a contract or legal action.
- The contract requires that the of the first part pay the fee.
- A legal entity which represents a faction of the people from a country and is united under one specific political platform of issues.
- The green took 12% of the vote.
- (In 18th & 19th century Britain) A parliamentary faction without a corresponding legal entity.
- A group of people travelling or attending an event together, or participating in the same activity.
- We're expecting a large from the London office.
verb (parties, partying, partied)
- Dutch: partij (f, -en)
- French: parti(fr)m
- German: Partei(de)f
- Italian: partito(it)n
- Spanish: partido(es)m
- (intransitive) To celebrate at a party, to have fun, to enjoy oneself.
- We partied until the early hours.
Etymology: From partie.
- Spanish: divertirse, fiestar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for party for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.