- A (usually) rectangular section of a surface, or of a covering or of a wall, fence etc.
- Behind the picture was a panel on the wall
- A group of people gathered to judge, interview, discuss etc. as on a television or radio broadcast for example.
- Today's panel includes John Smith...
verb to panel (panelled, panelling; US paneled, paneling)
- Dutch: paneel
- French: panneau , ,
- German: Verkleidung (1), UnterausschuíŸ (2)
- Italian: pannello
- Spanish: panel , entrepaí±o
Etymology: From French, panel, from pannus.
- to fit with panels
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for panel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.