verb to muck about (mucks about, mucking about, mucked about)
- (intransitive)To do random unplanned work or spend time idly
- Stop mucking about and get on with your work!
- (intransitive)To do somethings with a piece of equipment when you do not understand how it works.
- Don't with the video machine, or you might break it.
- (intransitive)(british) To be playful; full of fun and high spirits
- It was only a joke. We were only mucking about.
Also muck around has the same meaning
category:English phrasal verbs
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for muck about for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.