- (historical) An assembly (usually for decision making in a locality).
- A mock legal debate, wherein law students act as opposing counsel in a fictional case as a method of learning or for competition.
- A gathering of Rovers (18 - 26 year-old Scouts). Usually a camp lasting 2 weeks.
- (context, paganism) A social gathering of pagans, normally held in a public house.
- A system of arbitration in many areas of Africa in which the primary goal is to settle a dispute and reintegrate adversaries into society rather than assess penalties.
- To bring up as a subject for debate, to propose.
- To discuss or debate.
- To make or declare irrelevant.
- German: zur Debatte stellen (1)
- Dutch: ter discussie stellen (1), ter tafel brengen (1), ter sprake brengen (1), bespreken (2), bediscussií«ren (2)
- Subject to discussion (originally at a moot); arguable, debatable, not settled.
- Having no practical importance; academic.
- German: hypothetisch (1,2), irrelevant (2)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for moot for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.