- A musical composition which is short in duration.
Sacha composed a for strings as a final project at the conservatory.
- A small, highly detailed painting; a portrait miniature.
- The art of painting such highly detailed miniature works.
- A model of reduced scale.
There was a of a whaling ship in a glass bottle over the mantlepiece.
(context, gaming) A token in a game representing a unit or character.
Jack had dozens of miniatures of Napoleanic footsoldiers painted in detailed period regalia for his wargames.
- small, Smaller than normal.
- I find dogs annoying; they seem to yap more than full-size dogs.
Etymology: From the miniatura (manuscript illumination), from miniare (to illuminate), from the miniare, miniÄre (to colour red), from minium (''red lead).
- Spanish: miniatura
's w:Arnolfini Portrait, Arnolfini Portrait a miniature reflexion of the scene is painted, and, surrounding it, even smaller miniatures of w:Jesus Christ, Christ.]]
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for miniature for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.