- Animal excrement, especially that of common domestic farm animals and when used as fertilizer. Generally speaking, from cows, horses, pigs and chickens.
verb (manur, es)
- Dutch: mest
- French: fumier
- German: Mist
- Italian: letame , stallatico
- To cultivate by manual labor; to till; hence, to develop by culture.
- to apply manure (as fertilizer or soil improver)
Etymology: Middle English manuren "to manure", from Old French manovrer (whence also English maneuver), from vulgar Latin
- Dutch: bemesten
- Spanish: abonar, estercolar
- manuoperare "work by hand", from Latin manus, manu "by hand" + operari "to work".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for manure for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.