- (uncountable) An intense feeling of affection and care towards another person.
- A mother"s is not easily shaken.
- (uncountable) A deep or abiding liking for something.
- My of cricket knows no bounds.
- (uncountable) A profound and caring attraction towards someone.
- Your is the most important thing in my life.
- (uncountable) A condition in which the happiness of another is essential to one's own happiness. (Paraphrased from a definition offered by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._Heinlein Robert A. Heinlein, in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_a_Strange_Land Stranger in a Strange Land, 1961)
- (countable) The object of one"s romantic feelings; a darling or sweetheart
- I met my by the gasworks wall.
- (colloquial) A term of address, regardless of feelings.
- Hello, , how can I help you?
- (context, racquet sports) zero, no score.
- So that"s fifteen- to Kournikova.
verb (lov, ing)
- Dutch: nul
- French: amour
- German: null
- Italian: amore
- Spanish: cero, nada
- (transitive) To have a strong affection for.
- (transitive) To need, thrive on.
- Mold loves moist, dark places.
- (transitive) (colloquial) To be strongly inclined towards something; an emphatic form of like.
- I walking barefoot on wet grass.
- I'd to join the team.
- (transitive) To care deeply about.
- "You shall the Lord your God with your whole heart, and your whole mind, and your whole soul; you shall your neighbor as yourself."
- (transitive) To lust for.
- (transitive) (euphemistic) To sex, have sex with, (perhaps from make love.)
- I wish I could her all night long.
Etymology: lufu (noun), lufian (verb), from Germanic , from Indo-European leubh-.(tennis) As a zero score in tennis, "love" derives from French Åuf, l"Åuf ("the egg").
- Dutch: vrijen
- French: faire l'amour, coucher avec, baiser (slang)
- German: lieben, ehren
- Italian: fare l'amore
- Spanish: hacer el amor
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for love for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.