- (uncountable) Thread or cloth made from flax fiber.
- (countable) Domestic textiles made from linen or linen-like fabrics, such as tablecloths, bedding, towels, and the such.
- She placed the freshly washed linens into the linen closet.
- (colour) A light beige colour, like that of linen cloth.
- <table><tr><td>linen colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- FAF0E6?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
Etymology: Old English linen, lÄnen, from Germanic , from lÄnom, from or cognate with Latin linum.
- Dutch: linnen , doek
- French: toile , lin
- German: Laken, Leinen
- Spanish: ropa blanca
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for linen for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.