- One who writes or compiles a dictionary.
- 1755 A writer of dictionaries; a harmless drudge that busies himself in tracing the original, and detailing the signification of words. — Samuel Johnson, lexicographer, in his seminal dictionary
- 1811 Pitt has furnish'd us a word or two / Which lexicographers declined to do. — Lord Byron, Hints from Horace
- 1860 The best lexicographer may well be content if his productions are received by the world with cold esteem. — Lord Macaulay, Biographies contributed to the Encyclopí¦dia Britannica
- To the lexicographer, God is simply the word that comes next to go-cart - q:Samuel Butler, Samuel Butler
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lexicographer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.