- An inhabitant of Lesbos
- A homosexual woman.
Etymology: From Latin Lesbius "Lesbian" + -an. The sense of "homosexual" is a reference to w:Sappho, Sappho, a famous Lesbian and lesbian poet.
- Of or pertaining to the island of Lesbos.
- (used of women) Homosexual.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Lesbian for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A woman who is homosexual; that is, attracted to other women.
- French: lesbienne , gouine
- German: Lesbe , Lesbierin (latter is obsolete)
- Italian: lesbica(it)f
- Pertaining to female homosexuality
- She's involved in a relationship.
- Intended for lesbians.
- We're going to a bar tonight.
Etymology: From Greek Lesbos, Lesb(os) + Latin(?) adjective ending -ian
- French: lesbien , lesbienne (1, 2)
- German: lesbisch
- Italian: lesbico , lesbica (1, 2)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for lesbian for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.