- Person who endlessly whines or complains.
- Person who finds fault with anything.
verb (kvetches, kvetching, kvetched)
- French: rí¢leur
- To whine or complain, often needlessly.
- 1969, Is this truth I"m delivering up, or is it just plain kvetching? Or is kvetching for people like me a form of truth? " Philip Roth, Portnoy"s Complaint
- 2001, Make a commitment, Charlie. Go with life or go with death, but quit the kvetching. Don"t keep us all in suspense. " Glen David Gold, Carter Beats the Devil
adjective (no (compar) or (superl))
- French: se plaindre, rí¢ler
- Describing a kvetch or kvetcher.
Etymology: From Yiddish (kvetshn), from German Quetsche "crusher, presser", from quetschen "crush, press".
- French: plaintif, rí¢leur
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for kvetch for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.