- In the International System of Units, the base unit of mass; the mass of a specific cylinder of platinum-iridium alloy kept at the International Bureau of Weights and Measures in France.
- (proscribed) Hence, the unit of weight such that one-kilogram mass is also a one-kilogram weight.
Etymology: Ancient Greek (term, sc=polytonic, -, tr=chilio-, , kilo-) + (term, gram)
- Dutch: kilogram(nl)m
- French: kilo(fr, kilogramme, m}}, t+, fr)m
- German: (t, de, Kilogramm, n)
- Italian: chilogrammo(it)m, chilo(it)m
- Spanish: kilogramo(es)m
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for kilogram for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.