- (typography) (pluralonly) letters in an italic typeface.
- There is no need to put the whole paragraph in .
- (context, usually plural but sometimes singular in construction) (plural of, italic) exaggerated intonation or some similar oral speech device by which one or more words is heavily and usually affected, affectedly emphasized or otherwise given sharp prominence
- Margaret Long:
- : was yapping, her silly voice fraught with .
- : a woman who has an irritating way of speaking in
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for italics for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.