::Origin: from w:radio edit, radio edit versions of popular music, popular songs. Sonic rearrangment of the sounds in the vulgar shit from common censoring technique: reverse looping of audio portions. Now used in informal speech (esp. among American youth).
- (slang) (euphemistic) :shit, SHIT.
- (informal) in an unspecified state
adverb (not comparable)
- ''I'm a bit ish today."
- (colloquial) Somewhat.
Etymology: From the suffix -ish.
- ''"How was the film?" "It was good, ish."
- (colloquial) Reasonably, fairly.
- ''"The exam went well (ish)."
- (colloquial) About, approximately.
- I'm forty. Ish.
- It's 2 ish.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ish for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.