(rfex, particularly "life form")
- (uncountable) capacity, Capacity of mind, especially to understand principles, truths, facts or meanings, acquire knowledge, and apply it to practice; the ability to learn and comprehend.
- (countable) An entity that has such capacities.
- (uncountable) information, Information, usually secret, about the enemy or about hostile activity, activities.
- (countable) A political or military department, agency or unit designed to gather such information.
Etymology: From French, intelligence.
- Dutch: (t, nl, inlichtingendienst, m)
- French: renseignements
- German: Geheimdienst , Nachrichtendienst
- Italian: intelligenza(it)f
- Spanish: inteligencia(es)f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for intelligence for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.