verb (inspir, ing)
- To breathe into; to fill with the breath; to animate.
- To infuse by breathing, or as if by breathing.
- To draw in by the operation of breathing; to inhale; -- opposed to expire.
- To infuse into the mind; to communicate to the spirit; to convey, as by a divine or supernatural influence; to disclose preternaturally; to produce in, as by inspiration.
- To infuse into; to affect, as with a superior or supernatural influence; to fill with what animates, enlivens, or exalts; to communicate inspiration to; as, to inspire a child with sentiments of virtue.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for inspire for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.