- A body of water let into a coast, such as a bay, cove, fjord or estuary.
- A passage that leads into a cavity.
- 1748. HUME, David. An enquiry concerning human understanding. In: L. A. SELBY-BIGGE, M. A. Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral. 2. ed. London: Oxford University Press, 1973. Â§ 15.
- : by opening this new for sensations, you also open an for the ideas;
- French: crique , bras de rivière
- German: Seegatt,
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for inlet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.