- Lacking physical strength or vigor; weak.
- Lacking in power, as to act effectively; helpless: "Technology without morality is barbarous; morality without technology is impotent" (Freeman J. Dyson).
- Incapable of sexual intercourse, often because of an inability to achieve or sustain an erection.
- Sterile (used of males).
- (obsolete) Lacking self-restraint.
- French impuissant m, impuissante f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for impotent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.