- not personal; not representing a person; not having personality
Translations: Etymology: From French impersonnel < Latin impersonalis < Latin im-, not + personalis, personal
- An almighty but power, called Fate. –Sir J. Stephen.
- Lacking warmth or emotion; cold.
- She sounded as she gave her report of the Nazi death camps.
- (grammar) that which desires personality; specifically, an impersonal verb.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for impersonal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.