- (context, often pluralized) Trouble; distress; misfortune; adversity.
- Music won't solve all the world's ills, but it can make them easier to bear.
- Harm or injury.
- I wouldn't want you to do me .
- Evil; moral wrongfulness.
- Sociopaths do not seem to grasp the difference between good and .
- A physical ailment; an illness.
- I am incapacitated by rheumatism and other ills.
- unfavorable, Unfavorable remarks or opinions.
- Do not speak of the dead.
- Suffering from a disease.
- I've been with the flu for the past few days.
- Having an urge to vomit.
- Seeing those pictures made me .
- bad, Bad, often connoting abuse or neglect.
- He suffered from treatment.
- (context, hip-hop slang) sublime, Sublime, with the connotation of being so in a singularly creative way. This sense sometimes declines in AAVE as , comparative iller, superlative illest.
- Biggie Smalls is the illest / Your style is played out, like Arnold wonderin "Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?" " Biggie Smalls, The What, 1994.
- (slang) Extremely bad (bad enough to make one ill). Generally used indirectly with to be.
- That band was .
- Dutch: misselijk
- French: mauvais , mauvaise
- German: í¼bel
- Italian: malato
- Spanish: mal, mareado
- Badly; very incompletely. Often hyphenated to form an adjectival phrase.
- That move was -planned and -executed.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ill for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.