- an English occupational surname for a hunter (for game, birds etc)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Hunt for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- The act of hunting.
- Dutch: jacht(nl)m
- French: chasse(fr)f
- German: Jagd(de)f
- Italian: caccia(it)f
- To chase down prey and (usually) kill it. When the prey is a fish, it's not called hunting, but fishing.
- Her uncle is out deer hunting, now that it is open season.
- To try to find something; search.
- The little girl was hunting for shells on the beach.
- Dutch: jagen (jaagde, gejaagd)
- French: chasser(fr)
- German: jagen(de)
- Italian: cacciare(it)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hunt for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.