- (uncountable) Something funny, e.g. a joke, satire, or parody.
- He treated the sensitive subject with enough that no one was offended.
- (archaic) Four fluids (blood, yellow bile, black bile and phlegm) that were believed to control the health and mood of the human body.
- M. Le Page Du Pratz, History of Louisisana (PG), p. 40
- : For some days a fistula lacrymalis had come into my left eye, which discharged an humour, when pressed, that portended danger.
- (uncountable) A mood, especially a bad mood.
- He was in a particularly vile that afternoon.
- (medicine) Either of the two regions of liquid within the eyeball, the aqueous humour and vitreous humour.
- Dutch: humor
- French: humeur
- German: Humor , Stimmung
- Italian: umore
- (transitive): To pacify by indulge, indulging.
- I know you don't believe my story, but me for a minute and imagine it to be true.
- German: erheitere, nachgebend
- Italian: accontentare, assecondare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for humor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.