adjective (hokier, hokiest)
- of obviously flimsy credibility or quality
- When asked for his book report, Chad came up a series of hokier and hokier excuses, until he finally admitted that he hadn't done it all.
- I thought the bargain priced windshield wiper blades were a little when I saw their cheap packaging, but when they flew off the end of the wiper during a rainstorm, I knew for sure.
- overly or unbelievable, unbelievably sentimental
- Terry hated going to the cinema with Pat, as Pat always chose romantic comedies that made Terry want to gag.
- French: bidon, cucul la praline
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hokey for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.