noun (plural guinea pigs)
- A tailless rodent of the Cavia genus, with short ears and larger than a hamster; the species Cavia porcellus is often kept as a pet.
- (idiom) A person who volunteers for an experiment or to try anything new; an experimental subject (from the use of the rodent in laboratory experiments).
- Would you like to be the for our new product concept?
- Dutch: proefkonijn
- French: cobaye
- German: Versuchskaninchen
- Italian: cavia
- Spanish: conejillo de Indias
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for guinea pig for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.