- A short, snorting sound, often to show disapproval, or used as a reply when one is reluctant to speak.
- The cry of a pig when it makes its snorting cry.
- A family of Perciformes fish of the family Haemulidae
- (Army and United States Marine Corps slang) An infantry soldier. (From the sound he presumably makes when shoulder
- Verb, shouldering a pack
- Noun, pack before starting a road march.)
- Dutch: grom
- German: Grunzer
(trans-top, An infantry soldier)
- French: grognement
- Italian: grugnito
(trans-top, A family of Perciformes fish of the family Haemulidae)
- Frequentative: gruntle
- (intransitive) Of a person: To make a grunt or grunts.
- (intransitive) Of a pig: To make a grunt or grunts.
- German: grunzen
- French: grogner
- Italian: grugnire
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for grunt for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.