Translations: verb (groov, ed)
- a long, narrow channel or depression; such a slot cut into a hard material to provide a location for an engineering component or a tyre groove.
- a fixed routine
- the middle of the strike zone in baseball where a pitch is most easily hit
- a pronounced, enjoyable rhythm
- To create, dance to, or enjoy rhythmic music.
Etymology: From grod.
- I was just starting to to the band, when we had to leave.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for groove for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.