noun with and pot rest]]
- A rack; a grid of wire or a sheet of material with a pattern of holes or slots, usually used to protect something while allowing the passage of air and liquids. Typical uses: to allow air through a fan while preventing fingers or objects from passing; to allow people to talk to somebody, while preventing attack.
- On a vehicle, a slotted cover as above, to protect and hide the radiator, while admitting air to cool it.
- A device comprising a source of radiant heat and a means of holding food near it, to cook it; a barbecue; a griddle.
- I put some peppers and mushrooms on the to go with dinner.
- German: Grill
- To cook food on a grill; to barbecue.
- Why don't we get together Saturday and some burgers?
- (colloquial) To interrogate; to question aggressively or harshly.
- The police grilled him about his movements at the time of the crime.
- German: grillen
- Spanish: gratinar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for grill for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.